Business Development Executive
Are you looking to join a digital product and service design agency on the continued rise?
Absurd is based in Manchester, and we're excited to be working with clients such as Entain, Brother and Umbro on transformative projects. But we're not stopping there - we're looking for a business development executive to help us connect with even more clients and show them how we can help improve their digital propositions. With huge potential for growth, this is an opportunity to join us and be a part of our journey to success.
Are you a driven and ambitious individual looking to expand your career in business development? We have an exciting opportunity for a junior business development executive to join our dynamic team at our studio on Manchester's King Street. We are looking for a fresh, motivated and switched-on individual who is keen to win work and generate business. As a team, we pride ourselves on being welcoming and friendly, and we are looking for someone who is outgoing, organised, and has a passion for learning and growth. If you possess tenacity, strong listening skills and a desire to win new business, this role may be the perfect fit for you. We can't wait to see what you can bring to the table and help us grow our business together.
Working at Absurd is an enjoyable experience. The team is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, which brings a unique perspective to problem-solving and client work. The collaborative and inclusive culture fosters a sense of community and belonging, making it a pleasure to come to work each day.
What the team say
One of the things I appreciate most about Absurd is the hybrid work setting. It enables me to have a work-life balance that works for me and my needs. The team understands the importance of flexibility and supports each other in finding a balance that works for them.
Innovation and change are at the heart of the agency. We are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things, and everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and perspectives. This creates a dynamic and exciting environment where no two days are the same.
The team is multi-skilled and everyone plays a part in the problem-solving process for our clients. Whether it's a design problem or a software problem, everyone brings their unique skills and expertise to the table. This approach ensures that we deliver the best possible solution for our clients.
I’m fortunate to be a part of this team. The culture, the work, and the team make it an inspiring and enjoyable place to work. I am constantly challenged and stimulated, and I look forward to the continued growth and success of the agency.
- Reading trade press to identify purchase triggers
- Creatively reaching out to C and Management-level prospects in enterprise organisations and funded start-ups
- Supporting the senior team on sales activity
- Updating and maintaining our Pipedrive database
- Building relationships with key decision makers and setting meetings
- Monitoring our tracking systems to identify leads and following up
- Executing outreach campaigns via email and social channels such as LinkedIn
- Following up existing leads to secure follow up meetings to ultimately convert business
- Reporting on activity on a weekly and monthly basis
Skills and attributes
- Self-starter with a passion for digital, tech and creative industries
- Knowledge of office applications
- Experience of using CRM systems would beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years’ experience of high value, business to business sales, ideally in a creative or technology field
- Degree education would be advantageous but not essential
- Outgoing, organised, dedicated,
- Consultative selling skills & excellent listening stills are essential
Working arrangements and benefits
- Flexible Working Hours (core hours are 10-4)
- Hybrid working pattern around our Manchester Studio
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and passionate team, working on exciting projects where you will get a real sense of involvement from the very moment you start.
If you'd like to apply or just know more, please send CVs and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the team
Front End Developer
Back End Developer
Front End Developer
Don't see your role listed?
We always like to hear from great people. So even if you don’t see a vacancy that applies to you but think you could be a good addition to our team, please get in touchSay hello