Front-End DeveloperManchester Studio
We’re looking for a front-end developer to join our Manchester studio. We are looking for somebody to join the team who is passionate about crafting exceptional products and services.
Your background will predominantly be in front-end development but you'll have an appreciation of the full technical stack and project process in order to work collaboratively with our strategists, designers and back-end developers.
You see connections in the products or services you experience day-to-day that others don’t and get huge satisfaction in finding graceful ways of articulating them. Jumping straight into the deep end to help solve real business problems with the support of a great team is an everyday experience.
Whether you are at another agency or client-side, you'll be used to working to tight deadlines, collaboratively within the team.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A proficient understanding of creating semantic markup with HTML5.
- Creating clean and maintainable CSS using BEM.
- An understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and LESS.
- Experience with task runners such as Gulp/Grunt.
- A proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Confident with design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
- A good understanding of SEO principles and how to adhere to them.
- At least 3 years of experience working on digital projects.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing digital design work.
- Creative mind, collaboration skills and a desire to learn.
- Experience building sites to at least a AA standard.
- Proficient with source control systems such as Git and various branching methodologies.
- Working with the wider team to create compelling, usable products and services that translate research and insights, satisfy user needs and fulfills business goals.
- Developing digital design solutions across web and mobile, for a broad range of industries.
- Work closely with the UX and content experts to create design solutions that satisfy the needs of the business and the end user.
- Create interactive prototypes to bring work to life.
- Work closely with design and UX to ensure the design vision is successfully considered throughout implementation stage.
- Share knowledge, trends and best practices with other team members.
- WordPress knowledge is desirable.
Absurd is a digital product and service design agency, established in 2016 by our three founders. Due to the continued growth of some of our key accounts, we are looking for new team members to help shape the culture as well as the skill set within Absurd. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to come in and put their stamp on our growing team.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Perfomance Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Most importantly this is an opportunity to grow a team within a young, growing agency.
Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you email@example.com.