We’re looking for a junior front-end developer to join our Manchester studio. We are looking for somebody to join the team who is passionate about crafting exceptional products and services.
Your background will predominantly be in front-end development but you'll have an appreciation of the full technical stack in order to work collaboratively with the wider development team.
You see connections in the products or services you experience day-to-day that others don’t and get huge satisfaction in finding graceful ways of articulating them. Jumping straight into the deep end to help solve real business problems with the support of a great team is an everyday experience.
Whether you are at another agency or client-side, you'll be used to working to tight deadlines and collaboratively within a team.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Will have solid knowledge of writing clean, semantic and valid HTML5
- Will be able to write dry, concise CSS3; including flex/grid, media queries and mixins
- Will ideally have used a preprocessor such as Sass, Less or Stylus
- Will have experience of writing vanilla JS; ideally ES2015 and ES6
- Will ideally have had some exposure to using a modern JS framework such as React, Angular or Vue
- Will be confident with Git or another version control software
- Will have used a task runner such as Webpack, Gulp or Grunt
- Will have an understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Will be confident with design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Sketch
- Will ideally have used and interacted with APIs
- Will ideally have experience with Umbraco or another CMS
- Working with the wider team to create compelling, usable products and services that translate research and insights, satisfy user needs and fulfils business goals.
- Developing digital design solutions across web and mobile, for a broad range of industries.
- Create interactive prototypes to bring work to life.
- Work closely with design and UX to ensure the design vision is successfully considered throughout implementation stage.
- Share knowledge, trends and best practices with other team members.
Absurd is a digital product and service design agency established in 2016 by our three founders.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for new team members to help shape the culture as well as our skill sets within Absurd. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to come in and put their stamp on our growing team.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you email@example.com.