We’re looking for a product designer to join our Manchester studio. We need somebody who is passionate about learning from user behaviours, attitudes and emotions to create exceptional digital products & services.
Your background will be predominantly in UI design but we’re keen to see diversity in your work, such as your approach to research and insights and your ability to collaborate with Strategy, UX and Development team members. You have the skills to develop on insights and research to visualise ideas, you love to see your work come to life and have a strong portfolio to prove it. Your work will also show a clear thought process. It’s not all about the finished product, but how you got there is most interesting to us.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 2 years experience working on digital product.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing digital design work.
- A natural flair for aesthetics, visual design skills and brand application.
- Advanced knowledge of trends and best practice in UI and UX design.
- Experience in designing simple, consumer focused applications as well as information rich apps and websites.
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries & Design systems.
- Good confidence in articulating and presenting your design rationale to colleagues or clients. Along with confidence in supporting the facilitation of workshop tasks.
- Creative mind, collaboration skills and a desire to learn.
- Strong knowledge of current tech standards.
- Create compelling, usable products and services that translate research and insights, satisfy user needs and fulfills business goals.
- Develop digital design solutions across web and mobile, for a broad range of industries.
- Work closely with UX and content experts to create design solutions that satisfy the needs of the business and the end user.
- Create visual style guides and tool kits.
- Create interactive prototypes to bring work to life.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the design vision is successfully considered throughout implementation stage.
- Share knowledge, trends and best practices with team members.
Absurd is a digital product and service design agency, established in 2016 by our three founders. Due to the continued growth of some of our key accounts, we are looking for new team members to help shape the culture as well as the skill set within Absurd. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to come in and put their stamp on our growing team.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Perfomance Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Most importantly this is an opportunity to grow a team within a young, growing agency.
Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you email@example.com.