We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Manchester studio. We need somebody who is passionate about learning from user behaviour, attitudes and emotions to create exceptional products & services.
Your background will be predominantly in UI design but we’re keen to see diversity in your work, such as your approach to research and insights and your ability to collaborate with other disciplines in the studio. You have the skills to develop research & insights to visualise ideas, you love to see your work come to life and have a portfolio to prove it.
Your work will also show a clear thought process. It’s not all about the finished product, but how you got there that is most interesting to us.
You will be working collaboratively with Absurd teams throughout all stages of a project. You will be a contributor to the design process, ways of working and looking to push the boundaries within our open agile environment.
- Experience working on digital products and services within a number of sectors and industries.
- Portfolio to demonstrate your experience and product design work across a range of projects.
- Experience in designing for Web, Android and iOs and knowledge of respective Human Interface guidelines.
- Proactive problem solving approach to the design challenge with an inquisitive mind.
- Advocate for Human Centred Design approaches, tools and processes.
- Experience producing and using Design systems.
- Confidence in presenting your design rationale to colleagues or clients.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product strategy.
- Creative mind, collaboration skills and a desire to learn.
- Awareness of trends and best practice in UI and UX design.
- Play a primary role in defining product direction, approaches, and apply research, data and insights to make informed design decisions.
- Contribute and assist with facilitation of a range of workshops in the design approach.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create and deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of the business and the end user.
- Produce Design Systems and supporting assets.
- Design prototypes to try things out, mitigate risk and learn.
- Work with the Engineering & Development teams to ensure design is successfully considered throughout the implementation stage.
- Share knowledge, trends and best practices with team members.
Absurd is a Product and Service Design agency, established in 2016 by our two founders.
Due to the continued growth of some of our projects, we are looking for new team members to help shape the culture as well as the skill set within Absurd.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to come in and put their stamp on our growing team.
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Pension Scheme.
- Discretionary Performance Bonus.
- Most importantly this is an opportunity to be part of a growing team and agency.
Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org.