Are you our next innovative UI Designer
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our Manchester studio.
We need somebody who is passionate about learning from user behaviour, attitudes and emotions to design exceptional products and services.
Absurd was founded in 2016 and we are 20 people across Manchester, Leeds and London. We operate a hybrid working environment and encourage the team to join us in a studio environment at least two to three times a week – this is where we believe we do our best work.
We are located in a newly refurbished modern open plan office located on King Street West. The office space is designed to be open, collaborative and meet your needs as a designer. We have great views of St. Annes Square, plus a range of amenities on site ,and quiet time areas surrounded by greenery.
We make sure you have everything to do your best work, including a laptop or similar device of choice.
Your background will be predominantly in UX and UI design but we’re keen to see diversity in your work, such as your approach to research and insights and your ability to collaborate with other disciplines in the studio.
You have the skills to develop research & insights to visualise ideas, you love to see your work come to life and have a portfolio to prove it.
Your work will also show a clear thought process. It’s not all about the finished product, but how you got there that is most interesting to us.
- You will be working collaboratively with Absurd teams throughout all stages of a project. You will be a contributor to the design process, ways of working and looking to push the boundaries within our open agile environment.
- Experience working on digital products and services within a number of sectors and industries.
- Portfolio to demonstrate your experience and design work across a range of projects.
- Experience in designing for Web, Android and iOs and knowledge of respective Human Interface guidelines.
- Proactive problem solving approach to the design challenge with an inquisitive mind.
- Advocate for Human Centred Design approaches, tools and processes.
- Experience producing and using Design systems.
- Confidence in presenting your design rationale to colleagues or clients.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product strategy.
- Creative mind, collaboration skills and a desire to learn.
- Awareness of trends and best practice in UI and UX design.
- Play a primary role in defining product and service direction, approaches, and apply research, data and insights to make informed design decisions.
- Contribute and assist with facilitation of a range of workshops in the design approach.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create and deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of the business and the end user.
- Produce Design Systems and supporting assets.
- Design prototypes to try things out, mitigate risk and learn.
- Work with the Engineering & Development teams to ensure design is successfully considered throughout the implementation stage.
- Share knowledge, trends and best practices with team members.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Training budget
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Most importantly this is an opportunity to grow a team within a young, growing agency.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and passionate team, working on exciting projects where you will get a real sense of involvement from the very moment you start.
Get in touch, we'd love to hear from you email@example.com.
Meet the team
Back End Developer
Front End Developer
Front End Developer
Don't see your role listed?
We always like to hear from great people. So even if you don’t see a vacancy that applies to you but think you could be a good addition to our team, please get in touchSay hello